Friday, July 8, 2011

Twine Nest Tip!

my apologies - its been a while but i am back with a useful twine tip....
whilst stamping these cute little birds for a new home card i discovered a useful way to use up my scraps of twine. I was about to use the nest stamp which came with the set and then had a lightbulb moment..i realised i could make the nest from twine rather than stamping it - and this was the result. not to mention a great boost of dimension and texture on my card to contrast from the stamps. all those little bitty bits that you trim from other projects can simply be layered together to form an egg nest... they would be great for Easter as well, even multi-coloured but for my congratulations on your new nest aka home cards, they were perfect. Make sure you head over to The Twinery for the best twine to "secure your new nest"!


6 comments:

  1. Hera, I love the twine and how you used it!!! (isn't that stuff so much fun?? ;)
    Thanks for your comment on my blog today. I am feeling better every day - but still find it a shock as to what happened. Life can never be taken for granted that's for sure.
    Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really great idea - these turned out sooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really so cute! I love how you used the twine, perfect for leftover bits! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG love that birds nest too!
    Thanks for the giveaway chance!
    mrsDOTjenniferwrightATgmailDOTcom
    upcycledscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute. Love your originality...

    ReplyDelete